Monday 11 November 2013

Somerset House: Miles Aldridge

A couple of weeks ago I did my bi-monthly visit to Somerset House, which is fast becoming one of my favourite locations in London. Not only is the architecture of the building resplendent with its sixteenth century characteristics but the food, beverages (hello the outside bar) and Rizzoli book shop make it the perfect place to indulge in some culture.

So I have to be completely honest and say that I had not heard of the fashion photographer Miles Aldridge until I saw the promos for the exhibition, so I was not sure what to expect. The presentation was short and sweet, but featured initial story boards, sketches, narratives and contact sheets. 

There were some great images, all of which depicted Hitchcock-esque femme fatales with that glazed Stepford wife look, which are Aldridge's signature style, having been influenced by his single mother upbringing - here are some images that I took:


I can't wait for the upcoming Isabella Blow exhibition launching later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment