Sunday 5 December 2010

The Lurgy and Alexander McQueen


I am in the end stages of the lurgy (is this how you spell it?) and am feeling thoroughly sorry for myself. I didn't see it coming...on Thursday I was as fit as a fiddle and by Friday afternoon I was all sneezes and coughs. Luckily I rose to the challenge and trundled down to my local Tesco after work to stock up on every cold and flu of the shelf meds that I could get my hands on, coupled with Vitamin C tablets and fruit juices, I am almost cold free.

We had constant snow for three days and I was feeling rather smug at managing to elude the common cold and then it hit...It was my own fault for standing in the queue for about 45 mins to get into the Alexander Mcqueen Sample sale. Was it worth it??? Maybe?

The queue was long and the snow didn't help, I felt like I definitely earnt my entry. The only saving grace was the three gay guys and their female friend who were in front of me in the queue. They gossiped, wooped and hollered and gave me sly grins, they were great entertaining and I wished that they were my friends. My favourite was the earnest guy who was of out on a date with a twenty something he had meet on the internet (I would have aged him as being in his forties). What a hoot!!!! I hope his date went well.
I have only ever been to the sample sales at the http://www.trumanbrewery.com/. So it was nice to go to something slightly more highbrow, however although I love Alexander Mcqueen (RIP) I guess it is just a bit too avant garde for me. There were loads of pieces from his last collection but I really don't think I can pull of Tudor-esque glamour. In particular there was a beautiful ocre yellow tunic which I would have loved to own, but wear would I wear it, to work, down Clapham on a Saturday night??? no...
I never go anywhere nice enough to wear beautiful items like Alexander Mcqueen, I have been trying to get my friend to start up a business hosting events/ balls for young proffs because I know me like many of my friends want to buy pretty frocks but have no where to wear them to. Let's bring dressing up back!!!
Anyway here are my top looks from Alexander Mcqueen SS11, if I start saving now, I might be able to buy something soon or more likely I can buy Topshops version of the outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment