Wednesday 11 April 2012

Raf Simons says

So it was finally announced yesterday that Raf Simons will be John Galliano's replacement at Dior. He has been  hot favourite to take the reign of the global brand ever since he was given his marching orders from Jil Sanders. I am a big fan of Jil Sanders and loved his work there; he made the fashion world fall in love with colour blocking, less is more and simple tailoring. Check out designs below:

I think the general response from everyone who matters in the fashion world is a positive one, I can not wait until June when we will get the opportunity to see his first collection. This will be SS13 couture, a make or break collection perhaps. I am very intrigued to see what he puts out there because Dior is definitely not 'less is more' or simple tailoring, rather the opposite. As I wait with bated breath for the new collection, check out AW12 Dior.


Can you see the difference??? I'm thinking Dior's next collection will either be 'epic' or a 'car crash' (or should it be catwalk crash).

No comments:

Post a Comment