Friday 27 September 2013

Mark Fast - SS14 Show

So I have to say I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to London Fashion Week, it is exciting and fun to see what everyone is wearing, but unless you are a celebrity or it is part of your work, it can be quite difficult to get into shows. If you are lucky enough to get a ticket to a show, there is still the queuing and jostling for seats to contend with.

I managed to get my hands on a ticket to the Mark Fast S/S14 show which was pretty epic. The show took place at the BFC Show Space at Somerset House with an appropriate punk/rock soundtrack. I know some people have slated it, but I loved the styling, models had backcombed hair, with matching black nails, chokers, fishnet tights and socks completed with chunky creepers.

The clothing was as you would have expected, knitted dresses and separates which are Fast's signature style, however it was given a retro toughening up with acid yellow through to midnight blue threads - an ode to nineties grunge. Here is a video that I took at the show, for a glimpse of the presentation.



I am already getting excited for SS14.

No comments:

Post a Comment