Wednesday 22 September 2010

Ozwald Boateng an Inspiration

Hello all, welcome to my blog, I am feeling inspired having recently been to the Ozwald Boateng Show at Leicester Square. The night had an auspicious start when the PR refused to let me in but eventually I managed to secure a seat. Each drink holder contained a small bottle of Moet which was a better start to the evening. As I sat sipping on my champagne through a straw you could feel the anticipation building. I took this time to have a scout around and see what people where wearing, a mixture of smart casual and glitzy glamour. I felt like I had committed a fashion faux par having come straight from work, and then the gym wearing a long grey jersey dress with a belted check shirt on top!!! My look was more wayward traveller than glamour puss but at least I got in.

The show started an hour later than billed with highlights from a film/documentary about Mr Boateng called "a Man's story", the film was very inspiring and showed the man to be a very creative and dynamic person with a great understanding of the male form. After the film finished the show began! I feel like a spent the next ten minutes with my mouth wide open! The show was amazing with around 100 male models from around the world and of all ages. The clothes were beautifully fitted and well considered. The models came out in various shades of colours like gradients starting with charcoal grays moving into greens etc. the styling was very contemporary!!! At the end all of the models came out for an impressive group photo! Finally the man himself took to the stage with his dad and bogged to "you've got the love" cheesy but it was definately a moment. Mr. Boateng is definately a marvel and proved on Wednesday night that a well cut suit can transform a man!



Other than the fashion it was good to have a sneeky peek of celebrities up close, apparently Michelle Williams was there...but I saw Vanessa Feltz and her fiancée, Callum Best looking dapper with Su-Elise from Misteeq, Lisa Butcher, Charlie Speed and the lead singer of the Noisettes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment