Sunday 26 September 2010

The rest of my Fashion Week

Hello all, on this humble sunday evening I am suffering from a serious case of back to work blues. Where has the weekend gone...I have been thinking about last week and I thought I would fill you in on my london fashion week experiences although they were few and far between. I attended two shows and went to one fashion party. You will already have heard about my take on the Ozwald Boateng show, so I will start with the Jasper Garvida show.

Jasper's show was my first ever LFW show ever, although technically it was a Vauxhall Fashion Scout show, but I am splitting hairs. Anyway the first hurdle was getting into the show, my friend had a ticket but I didn't. Through sheer luck I managed to get in considering they checked the ticket at least three times. Me and my friend stood at the back waiting for the show to unfold.



The show began more or less on time, it was energetic yet whimsical. The main pallet was baby pinks, lilacs and pastel colours however this was infused with some bolder blacks, golds and bronzes. The hemlines were high and at complete odds to this seasons maxi and midi lengths. I think that the collection was very commercial and the styling definately added to the mood of the range. However I think that there was a lack on cohesion between the paler and the darker pieces. My highlight of the collection was the embellishments on the dress heavy range. The designer used what I can only call fringing on many of the pieces, as far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with a bit of frou frou or fringing. Overall it was a safe nd pretty range and I hope Mr Garvida does well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment