Sunday 9 January 2011

Spring/Summer 11 at a shop new you...

So as you may or may not know shopping is one of my favourite pass times. I did my third trip to the Sales yesterday with my mum, but to be honest I am sooo over sales now. Everything has descended to a jumble sale heap that you normally only see in the likes of Primark. We did actually walk past the Marble Arch Primark, which had its own reductions, but I could not even fathom what type of mayhem and madness would be going on inside with their already low prices slashed further.

Anyway I now totally looking forward to SS11 and investing in some new pieces. I am still woefully behind on my catwalk shows and trends for the new season, but having brought February's Elle Mag with their Runway Edit I feel that I am definitely more informed. I have previously already spoken about the designers that I like Prada, Chanel etc. but having been through Elle's Edit, I am totally in love with the Parisian designers.

I would normally sight London Fashion Week as my favourite week, but I am sooo in love with the looks coming from Paris. They are chic, grown up and very considered. I think it might be my 26 years that is making me strive for Parisian Silhouettes.

Alexander McQueen's collection by Sarah Burton was a gothic/ bohemian fairy tale. I would like to think that my future wedding dress would be like the iconic feather dress.

Lanvin's floor length dresses with the split up the middle, were deliciously sexy while still demure. I wish I had the budget to afford such a dress, Blake Lively totally rocked the light green dress



Roland Mouret; I aspire to wear his dresses well when I am older. I may be 26 but on an average day I look 19 and I would like to look like I was dressing up in my mums clothes. Also I would choose RM for my power outfit at my dream job, not sure what that is yet.

I would definitely be accessorising with a bra if I brought into Chloe's collection but what I love love loved is the femininity that the range affords with its sheer materials and mainly soft beige and peach tones. My H&M long beige ish shirt dress will definately get a second season's outing. The dress and skirt lengths were also very flattering.





Finally Celine was relaxed glamour heaven with its simplistic cut; very fresh. I love the main use of black, white and flesh colours mixed in with denim and bold colours. I think my favourite piece was the black Jumpsuit.



Anyway so there you have it, I should really have called this post "my love of all things French, well Au' revoir ma copains...

No comments:

Post a Comment