Saturday 25 February 2012

Topshop NewGen, New Season!!!

Soo Topshop had an exhition to celebrate 10 years of Topshop NewGen which is basically the designer collaborations that Topshop do each season, with say David Koma etc. To celebrate this, they got all of there designer collabs past and present to design t-shirts, which where on display in there show room section. The t-shirts where £30 (affordable) and where sold in a cute little ice-cream style van outside Somerset. The t-shirts where also available instore. I really liked the chintz white t-shirt at the bottom, I can't remember who designed it now...anyway, I didn't buy it at the time and I am kicking myself now as I can't seem to find it in any of the Topshops in London!!! Darn it...




 Following on the all of the fab t-shirts where the latest crop of designers being supported by the highstreet brand, which also means they are going to be reasonably priced, well affordable anyway. Below is Thomas Tait, I loved the collection (the highlights) because there where clean lines, I am all about tailoring right now. The colours where also muted which tie in with what is happening at the moment...but the AW12 the colours may be too summery? I am not sure. either way love it and want it in my wardrobe.
 Sister by Sibling is quite a new addition to the Topshop fashion clan, I remember seeing some pieces for AW11 namely some bright turquoise trousers. For AW12 the designer seems to have continued with the fun theme mixing tiger print, hot pink mohair and tiger print. Check out the mini me barbies wearing the best pieces for the collection. My favourite piece is the 60s style tiger print dress, the pom pom headbands are optional.
Sister by Sibling orange faux fair scarf is a must for AW12

 Lucas Nascimento must be another new addition, I absolutely love all of these pieces. Anything with mint and grey mixed together is a plus as far as I am concerned. Again the lines where super sleek and minimalist, ticking all of my fashion cool boxes. The twill shift dress and matching collar-less coat are my favourites.
 Finally Mister Koma made an appears and I have to say I didn't know what all the fuss was about before, but this latest collections was soo spot on and can I say more grown up and wearable than previous collections. There where still the funky party pieces but with them also came items like the aqua skirt below. I see myself wearing that to work. I was mesmerised by the leather belt come skirt (depending on how brave you are) pictured underneath aqua skirt. The leather was very buttery, and the skirt reminded me of something Madonna might wear. There also quite a few cut detail tops and dress which I felt had the Koma branding.



I really loved all of the pieces in the Topshop NewGen umbrella as they where also wearable and more mature in there totality. Is it sad to which it was autumn again? At least I will have time to save up for all of my coveted pieces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment