Friday 29 June 2012

Fashion at the V&A

So the V&A is one of my favourite musuems in London because it has a permanent fashion exhibition/ archive. When I a young fashion design student I used to go and sketch the clothing from the 19th Century through to modern day.
I am totes obssess with instagram at the moment and everything is my subject. This picture was taken outside the museum and is made out of millions of traffic cones painted white. It looks soo pretty close up and from a far.

I love this dress, I can't remember who the designer is, but I am going to assume it was Christian Dior as it has the classic Wasp waist which is his signature style. This beautiful scarlet jacket and full skirt would be a dream to wear and is quite on trend with what is happening at the moment in fashion even if it was from the 40s/50s.
This gorgeous dress from yester year has a full pannier over 2m wide, another great way to get an itty bitty waist.
I love this completely impractical knitted bikini, I don't think it would last long in the water. The high waisted shorts are another on trend piece and I guess so is the bra/cele. I can see Prada sending something similar down the catwalk.

This unusal oriental jacket caught my eye. Again the embroidered flowers would be very on trend if it was a digi print.

Another oriental inspired piece is beautiful and I love the colour of the gown. Me wearing this with a pair of bright pink high heels!!!
Another gorgeous piece from the connection, it's last season I think, I love the way the print is made to look like a lace overlay truly devine.

So I hope you enjoyed some of my favourite pieces. I went to the Christian Loubiton exhibition recently so I shall be posting on that shortly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment