Sunday 7 October 2012

All things bright and beautiful

I am feeling very blog-chatty today so I am posting for the second time. After my month of splurging, I am going to try not to buy anything else this month. My wardrobe is bulging and I had to take a massive bag of bags to the recycling skip as my room was beginning to look like a whose who of the British high street; Urban Outfitter, River Island, Topshop...I am however allowed to look.
 
Below are three of my best discoveries:
 
Vampire fang sterling silver necklace by Verameat; available in various finishes. I actually read about this New York brand in Nylon's September issue. They have some really amazing pieces all made with high quality metals. I am not sure if they deliver to the UK, but I will definitely be enquiring once my spending ban is over. The necklace is my favourite and anyone who knows me will know why. I am a big fan of vampire related movies/stories/TV programs. Prices start at $90 for this beauty which is around £60, this is a bargain for a forever piece like this.

 
 
Second on my hit list are these gorgeous Red leather Harlem ankle boots by Jeffrey Campbell, available at Office. I happened upon these during my last visit to Selfridges. This footwear combines three of my favourite things: an ankle boot, a wedge heel, and something a bit quirky. I know the cut away heel, or horse hoof it you may, has been done to death but this ankle boot is so unassuming it doesn't matter. Mine for £115; I am usually quite cheap when it comes to shoes, but my Litas have proved that JCs are prefect for running around in and so worth spending a little bit more on.
This is my splurge item, something that I know I will never buy, but will continue to day dream about. This faux-fur lined leopard print cape from APC is what every autumn wardrobe should include. This piece is versatile, maybe slightly showy, but would work perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans and boots. At £330 it is out of my price range, but I can only hope that no one buys it and I can get my hands on it at a marked down price later on in the season. Fingers crossed!!!
Soo these are few of my favourite things...Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, it's back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment