Friday 9 December 2011

Copy for Copy sake


So I am thinking of changing my blog name to ‘unemployed fashion junkie’, I have recently quit my job and am now looking for a new job that will challenge me and give me job satisfaction. While I find that job I am going to try and communicate more online; and really embrace the medium. So I went into Primark this week…I am not a big fan of the low cost fashion retailer but I feel a bi-monthly visit is necessary to investigate any hidden gems. When I say investigate, I really mean embarking on an expedition into the unknown, with elbow stabbing, possible tripping and hair pulling rife. Like a war zone it’s the survival of the fittest.
I was disappointed to see that there wasn’t much going on, and product range hadn’t changed since my last bi-monthly visit. What I did notice was that Paul’s Boutique had become the latest victim of Primark’s copycat antics. Seriously, I know that people have less disposable income but really would they rather spend £10 when they can spend £40/50 on a high quality, high spec bag. (I wish I could show you an image but Google came up with nothing). I can see the need for high street retailers to copy luxury brands; it increases the availability of high design however high-street brand to lower high-street brand??? People like a bargain, but tat is tat.

I think Primark should really take a leaf out of Forever 21 who have a similar price architecture and be individual. Interpret your own fashion don’t imitate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment